Fox News has issued a blistering reproach to Donald Trump over his ongoing spat with blond bombshell Megyn Kelly. Kelly first earned the ire of the GOP front-runner way back in August when she hit Trump with an ambush question about his alleged misogyny that could have been pulled directly from the Hillary Clinton general election attack manual. During the craziest campaign season ever and given the abysmal state of the media it’s no surprise that a millionaire McNews personality would hijack a debate to promote oneself but this very quickly turned personal.
That debate attack led to a coordinated smear campaign against Trump over phantom comments about Kelly’s vaginal blood flow. It was an early attempt to bury the candidate that failed and it’s been an ugly back and forth ever since. Trump is likely now terminally toxic with the network after pulling out of the previously scheduled Utah ambush debate and costing Fox millions of advertising dollars as well as another chance to slice his throat in front of a huge television audience.
CNN Money is reporting that “Fox News hits Donald Trump for ‘sexist verbal assaults’ on Megyn Kelly”:
Fox News has accused Donald Trump of making “sexist verbal assaults” against Megyn Kelly, issuing its most aggressive response yet to the Republican frontrunner’s repeated attacks on its star anchor.
The sharply worded response came Friday evening after Trump took his attacks against Kelly to a new level, referring to her as “sick” and “overrated.” Trump also called for his supporters to boycott her Fox News show.
“Donald Trump’s vitriolic attacks against Megyn Kelly and his extreme, sick obsession with her is beneath the dignity of a presidential candidate who wants to occupy the highest office in the land,” the network said in its statement.
“Megyn is an exemplary journalist and one of the leading anchors in America — we’re extremely proud of her phenomenal work and continue to fully support her throughout every day of Trump’s endless barrage of crude and sexist verbal assaults,” the statement continued. “As the mother of three young children, with a successful law career and the second highest rated show in cable news, it’s especially deplorable for her to be repeatedly abused just for doing her job.”
Trump, who for seven months has tried to impugn the credibility of the Fox News host, had raised the stakes in a tweet on Friday.
“Everybody should boycott the @megynkelly show. Never worth watching. Always a hit on Trump!” the GOP frontrunner tweeted. “She is sick, & the most overrated person on tv.”
Trump’s campaign kept up the barrage Friday night, putting out a statement that said in part, “Fox News has begged Mr. Trump to do a prime time special to be broadcast on the Fox Network, not cable, with Megyn Kelly. He has turned them down.”
Trump’s call for a boycott of the network right on the heels of forcing them to scuttle the debate makes one wonder whether the charges of sexism are more out of concern for the bottom line than of any sort of serious principle. The network’s playing of the gender card is not only hypocritical – Kelly’s good looks were milked for ratings and she herself participated in sexually suggestive photo ops to further her career – but aligns with Team Hillary’s gender exploitation strategy.
Fox has slowly been warming to the Democrats – Rupert Murdoch is a globalist sympathetic to illegal aliens – and the network just hosted a town hall with Queen Hillary and Bernie Sanders. It could be that with Murdoch nearing retirement and Roger Ailes also getting up in years that a shift to being more friendly to liberals in order to juice ratings isn’t out of the question. Kelly has used her show to regularly feature establishment guests who are given a forum to inveigh against Trump and she didn’t help matters for herself when she used last month’s debate in Detroit to conduct an inquisition over the vastly overhyped faux Trump University scandal.
The whole thing seems to have had quite an effect on Kelly who has ditched the sex kitten look for one of a stern corporate uber bitch.
Everybody should boycott the @megynkelly show. Never worth watching. Always a hit on Trump! She is sick, & the most overrated person on tv.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 18, 2016
— TheLastRefuge (@TheLastRefuge2) March 17, 2016