Mercurial talk show personality Glenn Beck has been temporarily removed from satellite radio over controversial comments made by a guest over the need to assassinate Donald Trump if he ends up being elected POTUS come November. Bestselling author Brad Thor appeared on Beck’s syndicated show last week and during a conversation in which the two Never Trumpers bemoaned how the will of the people should be overturned made the comment that was widely interpreted as the need for him to be taken out with extreme prejudice.
Such comments should earn scrutiny given the climate of hatred and violence that the establishment media has fomented towards the billionaire outsider and while it is unknown as to whether the Secret Service paid a visit to Beck and Thor, the host’s radio show was shelved by SiriusXm for at least a week.
Politico reports that “SiriusXM suspends Glenn Beck over Trump conversation”:
Satellite radio company SiriusXM has suspended Glenn Beck’s syndicated show this week and is “evaluating” the program’s place over comments made last week by one of Beck’s guests.
Last week, fiction writer Brad Thor appeared on Beck’s program and suggested GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump was a danger to America and that citizens would have to take means that may not be legal in order to get Trump out of office. Beck did not immediately admonish or distance himself from the comments, leading to the suspension by SiriusXM.
“SiriusXM encourages a diversity of discourse and opinion on our talk programs. However, comments recently made by a guest on the independently produced Glenn Beck Program, in our judgement, may be reasonably construed by some to have been advocating harm against an individual currently running for office, which we cannot and will not condone. For that reason, we have suspended The Glenn Beck Program from our Patriot channel for the coming week and are evaluating its place in our lineup going forward. SiriusXM is committed to a spirited, robust, yet responsible political conversation and believes this action reflects those values,” the network said in a statement.
A spokesperson for Beck said the host had a previously scheduled vacation this week. Beck’s slot was filled on the Patriot channel by David Webb on Tuesday. His slot on his own network’s SiriusXM channel “The Blaze” was filled by Doc Thompson and Skip LaCombe.
The former Fox News host has become increasingly unhinged by Trump’s campaign and for a period leeched onto Ted Cruz like a barnacle on the bottom of a garbage barge, calling for a national day of fasting for Lyin’ Ted and hitting hustings for the Texas senator. Beck – a mentally unstable former alcoholic – has been hit extremely hard by Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) and has taken to such bizarre antics as rubbing his face in Cheetos as a form of protest against the presumptive nominee. However even musing about the idea of overriding the ballot with the bullet is strictly taboo in a land were damned near everything is permissible, you just can’t joke around about this sort of thing when there are so many angry loons who continue to be egged on by irresponsible media personalities and may be prodded to take action.
Beck’s regular show will continue on Premiere Networks at least until the man who proclaims himself as a prophet does something really crazy like blows his brains out on air.
Mr. Thor has since denied that he was suggesting that Trump be murdered.